Do you ever find yourself shopping for summer wardrobe essentials at the last minute? I sure have! Let me help you make summer ’17 a summer to remember…or a summer for people to remember you, with these 10 key pieces.
*If you live in the Bay Area, my top 10 summer wardrobe essentials include a few pieces curated from some amazing local design stars, stockists, and sustainable fashion gurus. Click thru for a detailed description and links to shop!
Got a second? Subscribe to TenKeyPieces to be the first to receive a free PDF of my future top 10 Wardrobe Edits.
- Cult Gaia Ark Bag. Modeled after a Japanese picnic basket, nothing says beach like a great bag made from natural materials. Prepare yourself for ample questions and compliments. This bamboo baby is a conversation starter! (shop)
- Oliver Goldsmith Koko 1966 Sunglasses – I’m always smitten by the OG sunnies worn by Audrey Hepburn in films like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Two for the Road, and How to Steal a Million. The oversized shape of the Koko is super glam and classic. I’ll be wearing these to the beach and everywhere in between (shop – order at Rims and Goggles w/ locations in Mill Valley and Berkeley)
- Lacson Ravello Cruz Top – Oakland based designer and friend Kristina Lacson McConnico has taken a basic sweatshirt and given it an unexpected twist. Literally. The front mesh is made from raw silk sourced from a local supplier. (shop) here and also see Two ways to Style the Cruz Top in my blog post here.
- Everlane Silk Square Shirt Dress – I love when I can get completely dressed with one.single.piece. Based in San Francisco, Everlane silks are affordable and high quality. My favorite this season is in the Pantone color of the year “Greenery”. (shop)
- La Luna purse from Kalu – Oakland based designer and friend Kalkidan Gebreyohannes keeps the focus on women’s issues with her hand painted collaboration with artist and designer Alex Steele. Hit the summer festivals in style while also empowering and inspiring women.
- Uniqlo Cargo Skirt – I love this brand for their linen tees but this cargo-safari inspired skirt filled a void in my summer capsule. I’ll be pairing this with the Lacson Ravello Cruz Top and Everlane Day Mule for a low-key utilitarian vibe. Wear with block heels and a silk cami for summer cocktails.
- Everlane Day Mule – The mule and slide trend is in full force. This version from SF based wardrobe essentials company, Everlane is made with buttery soft Italian leather. This mule is a great affordable alternative to the Gucci Princetown. The slim style is super flattering and French-girl chic.
- NuSwim Straight One Piece – Just in time for the “Nude ” not “Naked” trend in swimwear. As much as my husband likes the bright orange string bikini that screams “trophy wife” I’ll be donning one of Nu Swim’s pieces in a skin tone complimentary “nude” color. Marriage is about compromise, right? Pair this with the Uniqlo skirt and Cult Gaia bag for utilitarian glam.
- The Consistency Project – Cream vintage Levi’s with raw hems – Natasha Lo of Oakland grown The Consistency Project is passionate about vintage. And it shines through in her collection of highly curated vintage denim pieces. I’m obsessed with these 501s that have been upcycled and updated with a raw hem. Check her site (here) for upcoming Bay Area pop-ups and clothing swap events. AND I’ll be spotlighting The Consistency Project in an upcoming post that you won’t want to miss! So Subscribe and you’ll be the first to hear about it.
- Nomia Trestle Dress – For hot summer nights in the Bay Area (which are often chilly) I’ll be wearing the Trestle Dress from Yara Flinn’s Nomia SS17 collection. The cutout shoulders are sexy yet the long sleeves add a touch of elegance, perfect for us girls that catch a chill easily. I spent the day with Yara at the McMullen-Nomia trunk show (post here). So, stay tuned for more looks from the Nomia in my Fall Top Ten. Till then, shop Nomia in store at McMullen Boutique,Piedmont CA.
Let me know what you think about these 10 summer wardrobe essentials. I’d love to hear your feedback so leave a comment, like, and share!
If you found this post helpful then go on and Subscribe to TenKeyPieces to receive all my future Top 10 Wardrobe Edits direct to your inbox!
Can’t get enough of Bay Area design, food, and lifestyle? Head over to www.24east.com, the East Bay’s first lifestyle blog. I’m BEYONDthrilled to be featured on one of the East Bay’s most influential blogs highlighting vibrant entrepreneurs and community influencers.